Foster Closeness at a Distance
Connecting with someone is not a question of being in the same space as them; it depends on sharing the right parts of each other’s imaginations and deeper selves. The best kinds of conversations can make people on opposite sides of the world feel closer than ever before.
Digital Connections contains exercises, questions and prompts designed to coax people into the richest sorts of interactions. The tone is a mixture of humorous, kind, vulnerable and touching. These cards can help us to communicate online at the authentic and emotional level we long for and deserve.
- 'Don't feel a constant pressure to talk. Take 80 seconds (you can time it on a phone) to be together in silence. It can feel awkward at first, then unexpectedly close and warm. You can look at each other or gaze around, as though being just yourselves is now completely enough.'
- 'On a sheet of paper, write down the following: 1) something you regret 2) Something you want to forgive 3) Something you long to share 4) An area you want to improve in. Show each other your pieces of paper and discuss.'
- 'Draw how you're currently feeling in an abstract way - it might be a jagged squiggle, some carefully hatched squares, or a thoughtful zebra. Hold it up to your conversation partner and discuss.'
52 question cards with box
91 x 67 x 20mm
- Instructions included
- Perfect as a Christmas Present, Birthday Gift, Good Luck Gift or to say Congratulations!
- Letterbox Friendly, Free Gift-Wrapping and Gift Card
- The School of Life is a global organisation helping people lead more fulfilled lives. Their selection of gifts can be used as a resource for helping us understand ourselves, for improving our relationships, our careers and our social lives - as well as for helping us find calm and get more out of our leisure hours.
- All items are send gift-wrapped with customisable gift cards as standard. You can choose your delivery date on the shopping cart page and send multiple gifts to the same recipient. Please follow this link for further information regarding postage and packaging prices.